Got lots of stuff to backup? Mozy Plus lets you backup more of your photos, music files, and other important documents.
Business owner or IT consultant? Mozy Pro is your enterprise backup solution.
Mozy is a secure, automatic remote backup service for any PC in any home or office. It's simple to install and configure. No external hard drive, expensive subscription services, CD's or DVD's to burn. All you need is a broadband connection and you are ready to go!
How It Works
1. Sign up for an account.
Create a Mozy user account which will allow you to download Mozy software and backup your data. The download should take less than 30 seconds. Next, install Mozy on your computer.
2. Download and install software.
Mozy downloads in just seconds, and the installation is simple and fast.
3. Select files to be backed up.
Next, simply click on the types of data you want Mozy to protect, and it does the rest. You can also dig into the details of your hard drive and get specific about files and directories you want Mozy to take care of.
What You Get
- 2GB of free, secure storage (Get more through Mozy Plus or our referral program!)
- Open/locked file support
- Block-level differential backup
- 128-bit SSL support (to secure your data during transport)
- 448-bit Blowfish encryption (to secure your data on our server)
- Continuous or scheduled backup options
Upgrade and get 50 GB of secure storage!
Alternatives to Mozy
- Burn a new CD or DVD every Sunday night and store them at your brother-in-law's office.
- Pay $200/year for an online backup service that uses old, mediocre software.
- Buy a $200 external hard drive and hope your office doesn't burn down.
- Do nothing and don't worry about backup. (We suggest closing your eyes, plugging your ears and repeating "I'm in my happy place, I'm in my happy place.")
- Run a cron job of rsync, gzip and mcrypt piped over ssh to your friend's server over his DSL line.
Of course, we think Mozy is the best and easiest solution to the backup problem!